There are so many new and different drones on the market, if you are a beginner it may be confusing to find the best one. If you are looking for a quality drone to avoid the wrong choice do your research. The Parrot Mini Drone is an unusual design and could appeal to novices wanting to break into this area of RC vehicles.
Description of the Parrot Mini Drone
The Parrot Mini Drone Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact drone that weighs just 1.9 ounces (55 grams) providing great stability and speed for users of all skill levels. It is powered by a lithium polymer battery and is enabled to take great aerial shots with its vertical mini camera. It works with Bluetooth smart technology and can be piloted with a tablet or smartphone via the FreeFlight3 app.
Features and Benefits
Although small the features and benefits of this drone are outstanding:
- Weight 1.9 ounces
- Dimensions 7.6 x 2.6 x 8.1 inches
- Ultra-compact drone with amazing stability and speed.
- Detachable Wheels making it fun and safe to use indoors.
- Fitted with a propeller circuit breaker in the event of a crash.
- Built in accelerometer and gyroscope which measure and analyse all of the drone’s movements.
- The lithium polymer battery which gives 8 minutes of flight time at full charge with charge taking approximately 1 hour.
- Can achieve speed of up to 18Km/h with a control range of 20m.
Pros and Cons of Parrot Mini Drone
The Parrot Mini Drone Rolling Spider is a product that comes with an abundance of pros but as with evolving technology there are also a few negatives.
- The Bluetooth smart technology means the drone can be easily controlled using the FreeFlight3 app, and this app comes with some great features itself.
- It has an automatic pilot mode which is able to correct the angle and position of the drone, and it also comes with pre-programmed stunt moves.
- The Drone is very flexible and is able to turn 90 and 180 degrees and also can perform complete 360 degree forward and back flips.
- The vertical mini camera is a great addition and allows users to take aerial photographs, however the camera is not great quality and is only able to capture VGA-resolution photos.
- Like any drone it is quite sensitive to wind so it’s not advisable to use in very windy conditions.
- The battery overheats very quickly and it needs to completely cool down before it can be recharged.
- Spare propellers are not yet available for this product so it can’t be repaired if any breakage occurs.
Conclusion – Why consider buying the Parrot Mini Drone Rolling Spider?
This compact mini drone would make a great addition to any RC collection both for beginners and experienced flyers. The lightweight and durable construction give it great stability plus impressive speed. The wheels can be attached which can act as a protective barrier reducing the risk of breakage. Suitable for children aged 14 and over it is a great gift for a novice. We would definitely recommend the Parrot Mini Drone if you are looking for a fun and interesting drone.